Terms & Conditions of Contract with the Hemp Trades Association Ltd.
This document forms the Terms & Conditions of your Application and Membership of the Hemp Trades Association UK Limited (which includes The Global Hemp Trades Association Limited / The Hemp Trades Association Europe Limited / CTA Europe Limited / CTA South Africa Limited / CTA Americas and CTA Asia. All of whom trade in their appointed areas as CTA or Cannabis Trades Association or variations thereof.
- As a member of the Cannabis Trades Association you also become a legal member of the limited company (Hemp Trades Association Ltd t/a Cannabis Trades Association UK) which is a company limited by guarantee. Each member undertakes to guarantee the liabilities of the company to the value of £1.00 GBP. A list of members is maintained and can be inspected on request.
- At the association, we deal with many complex business issues, including legal and regulatory matters. As such, you authorise us to act on your behalf as a member of the association.
- Membership is not an automatic right and you acknowledge that you will be charged for the time it takes to guide you through the membership process. This includes, but is not limited to, the screening and compliance processes where applicable. It is expressly acknowledged that it is your duty to prove compliance, not ours to list you as members.
- Subscriptions are subject to a 12month period starting from the date that you submitted your membership application. There is a cooling off period of seven days where membership applications can be retracted, this is subject to you not signing your member subscription, by doing so you are accepting that your membership is for a twelve-month period.
- You are not an ‘Approved Member’ until such a time as you have completed all steps and you must not suggest or display the CTA Logo until such as time that we have sent you confirmation of membership approval in writing. You are solely responsible for ensuring that your application is completed in a timely and professional manner and that you provide all the required information including the correct email and telephone numbers to allow us to contact you.
- The screening process is a mandatory part of your CTA membership application *excluding Associate/Affiliate levels of Membership.* as such we pass your contact information to them on submission of your screening. Where an applicant does not submit any requested information to the screening service, resulting in your application being delayed, the CTA holds no responsibility for this. Where you have not submitted any requested information to the screening service within the allotted 45 days, you will be charged an administration fee of £25.00 plus VAT to reapply. The screen can only be reapplied with your formal consent.
- You acknowledge that your membership is for a period of 12 months and although you can cancel your membership at any point, the full annual subscription fee is payable. If you cancel your subscription (direct debit), then you will be invoiced for the remainder of your subscription period, this will incur a £25.00 plus VAT administration fee and we do reserve the right take action to recover any unpaid invoices.
- Memberships cannot be placed “on hold” at any point during your subscription period.
- Please ensure that you fill in your direct debit form as soon as you receive the link, where memberships are paid for upfront and in full, monies are non-refundable and will attract a 10% discount. The application Fee must be paid by a card or bank transfer and is non-refundable under any circumstances. Any and all fees paid during the membership period are non-refundable.
- Where any monthly subscription payment fails, and any accounts fall into arrears of more than 28 days the CTA will invoice for the failed payment. This will incur a £25.00 plus VAT administration fee.
- Where companies are not trading in the UK or are unable to subscribe to a monthly direct debit subscription, we can send a quarterly invoice for your subscription on request. However, if invoicing is your preferred method of subscription, then a £12.00 administration fee will be applied to any invoices issued. Memberships are paid for in full at the beginning of the membership term this will attract a discount of 10%
- The CTA has the right to suspend memberships where there are concerns relating to the failure of regulatory compliance and has the right to suspend your company from the CTA companies’ directory until all issues have been resolved to our satisfaction. We do not suspend your membership subscription while you are under suspension.
- The level of your membership subscription cannot be reduced during your twelve months subscription. The level of membership will be reviewed upon your renewal.
- Should your company go into administration during your membership subscription period you will not personally be liable for any unpaid subscription fees however this is not applicable where you are operating as a sole trader / partnership.
- The CTA will contact you prior to your annual membership subscription renewal and will either cancel or renew your membership at this point. If we have no contact, we will assume that you wish to continue with your membership and will automatically renew your membership one calendar month after the renewal was due with an increase in membership level if the information we hold suggests you are liable for such an increase or the previous level of membership no longer exists.
- Should your membership be renewed for a further 12 months these terms and conditions will apply for the full continued subscription term of twelve months and although you can cancel your membership at any point, the full annual membership subscription is payable unless a period of three calendar months’ notice is given, in such cases the membership fees are payable within the period of notice .
- Membership subscriptions are subject to change and are reviewed at the point of renewal of your membership. We remind you that we reserve the right to pass any unpaid invoices to a collection agent and details to credit reference agencies.